Passive Fire Protection
Passive fire protection is an essential component of any fire safety strategy. It is built into the structure of a building to safeguard people’s lives and reduce the financial impact that such damage can have upon buildings and their contents.
This is achieved by :
- Limiting the spread of smoke and fire through compartmentation
- Protecting access/egress for means of escape
- Protecting the structure of a building through fire-resistant components
JFN Integrated Solutions’ passive fire protection service is FIRAS certified to maintain the highest level of quality and competence is delivered within the service. Contact us now to see how we can help to improve the safety of your building and protect the lives of people inside them.
Passive Fire Protection Audit
Our FIRAS certified engineers survey all buildings to identify all elements of non-compliance. A detailed report is provided with fully itemised floor plan diagrams and costed solutions.
Implementation & remediation
Our fully qualified engineers will carry out all necessary remedial works identified within the audit.
- All works will be undertaken as per the FIRAS Accreditation Scheme.
- All completed Compartmentation Works will include a suitable label, complete with unique identification number and picture evidence that the breach has been resolved.
- JFN only use Accredited and Certified materials and products.
- Whilst undertaking these works, JFN will ensure that Health and Safety practices are always adhered to.
Upon completion of the works customers are provided with:
- Updated Site Report & Drawings (PlanGrid)
- Operation & Maintenance Manual
- FIRAS Completion Certificate
- Confidence that Premises are Legally Compliant and Safe
Image: Audit survey Information
The Critical Role of Passive Fire Protection
Fire resistant partitions act as a barrier to stop the spread of fire and smoke by containing it with an area. The components used within a building’s compartmentation need to be competent. JFN fully understands the importance of having qualified engineers to carry out all compartmentation works to provide the highest quality service and results. Our certified works will improve the safety of the built environment and protect the lives of people within.
Walls, Floors and Ceilings
Fire barriers include fire-rated walls, floors and ceilings. These barriers are used to limit the spread of fire and smoke to maintain safe egress from a building. walls extend from the floor to the ceiling above and continue into concealed spaces for full protection.
We provide Passive Fire Protection services to organisations and schemes thoughout the U.K.
Are Headquaters are based in the North West and we are currently active in regions including Lancashire,Cheshire,Greater manchester and mersyside.
We continue to expand as are customer base grows.